french weed joke:
The Daughter’s Portrait (detail) - Louise Elisabeth Vigée Le Brun.
Dramatic and naked 2. (edited)
oh my god
suddenly i need to make decisions
journalism or film studies and journalism
Arctic Monkeys In New York: The Outtakes
Hamlet: Man delights not me—
Horatio: That’s not what you said last night, my lord.
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern: WHAT.
in honor of shakespeare’s 450th birthday (and as thanks to the fandom for being exceptionally cool), I’m doing a giveaway!
there’ll be two winners, each of whom can choose one of the options below:
- a signature shakespeare edition of the play of their choice (like the one shown here, these are hardcover copies with informative footnotes, commentary, essays, laser-cut paper art between the acts and a timeline of “significant performances”; you can see some more of the art here)
- a DVD of a globe or RSC production of their choice (non-shakespeare productions like the globe’s doctor faustus or the RSC’s documentaries and DVDs on shakespearean acting are fair game too, and if you’re worried about region locked DVDs I can also include an mp4 copy on a USB to be safe)
- a copy of to be or not to be by ryan north (a choose your own adventure version of hamlet in which you can play as hamlet, ophelia and/or claudius, which is exactly as entertaining as it sounds— the kickstarter page offers a pretty good idea of what it’s all about if you don’t know already)
- I’ll use random.org to determine the winner from the notes on this post, so just like/reblog to enter
- you don’t have to be following me to win (it’d be cool of you, but it won’t affect your chances either way— this is open to anyone who likes shakespeare)
- I can ship internationally, so it doesn’t matter where you live
- make sure your askbox is open so I can notify you if you win!
- ends may 6 (because that’s when the RSC’s richard ii with david tennant comes out on DVD, so yes, that is an option if you so choose)
if you have any other questions (or suggestions for prizes of equivalent value that you’d also be interested in seeing as an option— I was thinking maybe the hollow crown box set if I can find it?), just send me an ask!
6teen redesigns? or 6teen college au?? who knows
- mumbling “oh wait a second” before proceeding to crack your knuckles, neck, back, toes, knees, ankles, elbows, or any other annoying joint that seems to have chosen THE EXACT MOMENT YOUR PARTNER DECIDES TO GET REALLY SIZZLY WITH IT to be like “pop me please or you’ll lose mobility”
- the fear of “oh god do I have to pee, I think I have to pee, but their hands are down there…” and generally rushing and being all like “be right back”
- the “we’ve been a couple quite long, but not that long” conundrum of “how do I deal with my retainer and/or easy sleep nose strip things on a night where we are cuddling but might have sex” thing
- The awkward flatulent noises that sexy sweaty bits sometimes make
- The headache some people sometimes get from a really tensely needed orgasm (OH YES OWW OWW OWWW OWW)
- The “WHERE TO THE ELBOWS GO PLEASE” geometric proof
- How sweat is sometimes not a sexy sheen, but a dripping rain fall that gets awkwardly in your eyes and the eyes of your partner
- The “what the fuck do you have in your bed and why is it jabbing into my ass” game
- And last but not least, how sex is done by human beings and human beings are never perfect so our sex is often decidedly un-photogenic but still fun and wonderful nonetheless
a couple I just realized I forgot:
- How to orgasm when you’re holding in a fart
- How sometimes you burp after going down on a person and sometimes that burp is like rIGHT IN THEIR FACE
- how sometimes basic bodily functions war against each other and you end up falling asleep during sex while you are hungry and it’s not because sex is bad it’s because your body is like “shut up I’m done”
- how sex IS SOMETIMES BAD and that’s fine, it’s totally OK to not mesh with someone, because of basic preferential differences or because you were both nervous and unable to communicate and it’s VERY MUCH OK BECAUSE HAVING BAD SEX DOES NOT MAKE YOU A BAD PERSON